My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Thursday 4 July 2013

How to: Make a small field

Greetings everyone!

It's been what? Ages since my last post from what I can see? Yeap....you are probably right. As you may have noticed, I wasn't very ''present'' in our blogosphere, for various reasons, which I am not going to use them, so to achieve some sort of redemption from you.

We have a saying here in Greece: Excuses are like cheap shoes; in the end you will find one that suits you best - but, as we all know, cheap shoes don't last long. :)

So nuff with me talking - no more talking, only pics of what I've finished last night. I know that I am inexcusable. :) 

I trust that the pics below are self explanatory - they are showing the basic steps in making a small field that can be used in various periods. But, if you have any queries, comments are open for you either for swearing at me or asking me things about this little gem. The choice is yours. :)

So....





















I hope you like it.
Have a great Thursday night everyone!
T.

31 comments:

  1. I was getting worried about you Thanos! Another great tutorial, the field looks brilliant Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great modeling technique, Mr. T.! The fields are game beautiful, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, the web is full of inspirational photos, I only respond to the muse's call... :)

      Delete
  3. simple but efficient!
    excellent result and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back in action T.
    Nice work on the field too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to see you back my friend, you were missed. I think you have found the perfect way to make nice even fields. That's a great idea and wonderful use of materials on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!
    A great result!A great guide! Simple, clear and step by step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it should be: plain and simple! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. great stuff! very nice work. a good tutorial also, one I may use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent field T. I did this for a friend of mine with a railroad project awhile back and have just never got around to doing it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. T what brand of static grass are you using? please post a pic of it in its container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use this type of grass Greg:
      http://www.noch.de/en/produktkatalog/artikel_detail_neu.php?shop_artikelid=5364260&navi_Kategorie1=&navi_Kategorie2=&navi_Kategorie3=&navi_Kategorie4=

      I hope it helps you.

      Delete
  10. I knew you were still kicking because I see you on Facebook but good to have a blog post from you and some damn good agriculture sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an aquaculture man, but I must also explore new 'fields' Fran! :) Thank you. :)

      Delete
  11. Very cool Thanos! Thanks for posting, and coming back to 'blogger life'!

    While you are posting up the grass you use for GReg, mind posting up how you created the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      One of my next posts will be a how to make stone walls made... from foamcore! :)

      Delete
  12. Very good tutotrial, excellent writing and illustrative photos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tutorial mate. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding T! You have the skills of a master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or of a pastor! Don't know which. I think I will stick to your judgement. :) Thanks Paul.

      Delete
  15. very good idea and great,professional realization. My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent tutorial! Also good for diorama builders! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete