My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Friday 22 February 2013

Making a foxhole - Part 1

Hi everyone!

I'd like to thank you for your help regarding the info I was seeking about the diameters of pennies and cents throughout the world. With your help, I gathered all the info I needed and I decided to make some foxholes with a 22mm width, in order to fit every possible penny of the world!

Below you will see two photos of the basic elements I am intending to use for my foxhole. A piece of a vinyl tile, a piece of 3mm foamcore paper and a piece of insulating foam. 



At this hour, these pieces have been glued and some strips of kitchen paper are on them, waiting to dry for the next step, as you see below.


Stay tuned for the second part which will follow. 

Have a great Friday night everyone!
T.

17 comments:

  1. Good show Thanos! Waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it. My next terrain project is trenches, not quiet the same s yours, far less substantial. But you've certainly given me food for thought. Well done, looking really sturdy. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irqan. It's destined to be used as a mold piece, for making little brothers. Unfortunately, my local hobby store ran out of casting supplies, so we'll have to wait for it a bit...sorry.. :(

      Delete
  3. Looking good Thanos, I loaned Ray the penny but he didn't give it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remarkable! Its really awesome article, I have got
    much clear idea on the topic of from this paragraph.

    Feel free to visit my homepage: Aarp magazine Subscription

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever Thanos. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael! We'll only have to wait for the casting materials to come! :-)

      Delete
  6. Looks very cool Thanos. Nice job with the calculations. I await the next part eagerly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Thanos, looking great as ever, but when is part 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I keep getting ''unknown'' when I publish. lol. How can I get my name in the reply as box?

      Delete