My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 19 November 2012

Airfix (#2318) M3A1 Half Track

Hello my dear friends!

It's Monday, and as usual it is a blog post day. I apologize for writing it so late in the night, but as we all know, many things must be done during this inglorious day, and we are only left with a handful of time available for our leisure. 

From my last post, you must have noticed that I was about to show you some photos of two Airfix's M3A1 Halftracks, that I acquired quite recently. I didn't deteriorate myself in simply painting them, but I also put some additional figures on them, so as to give them a bit of character. These figs are coming once again, from AB figures. I thought that it would be nice to make them stand officers in HQ Halftracks (you know, the ones that always stand behind the first line and give orders to the men who take all the s...t - exactly those)! I stayed in assembling the halftracks only, and not the ammo trailers as well - they will get handy somewhere else in my future projects.

I thought to try to make the painting procedure as a blog tutorial, but when I came to think about it, it was already too late - most of the colours have been applied. Cleverness and me don't get along to be honest. I will try to do it next time folks, I promise! :-)

Anyway, the finished lot follows below. I hope you like them.


The observing officer....


C&C are always welcome!
Have a good Monday night all! 
T.


45 comments:

  1. Thanos these are amazing, the details you've got into these are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is unfortunate that you decided against doing a tutorial. My painting is what lets me down. I am going to need to know exactly how you made the detailing do good, and the shading so brilliant.

    I am so jealous of your mad painting skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I ll make a tutorial mate. If I can paint, so can anyone! :)

      Delete
  3. A bit late but you can get drop in seats from S&S models for the rear which really improve these models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. A lot of people suggest me that. Perhaps I ll do it on the next ones! Thank you for the tip

      Delete
  4. they have come up really well

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20mm with AB is awfully hard to beat.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly mate. I couldn't do otherwise. They're too good to paint them badly. :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice work again Thanos. And you did some extra figures for them too. No wonder you're falling asleep at the table! Those faces look great and you tell me you're no artist-shame on you.

    I've got your lovely lady primed and waiting to be painted. I'm going to work her into the story and she'll be called Niamh, Thano's Muse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the sculptor who is the artist Anne, not me. I am the painter. :)

      You are making me blushing with all of this name the figs thing..too bad I am painting filthy sods to do the same for you.

      Delete
  7. Those are very nice T. The figures are what makes it look complete.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work on the models and figures. I'll need to pick up a few of these!

    Keep up the great work T!
    FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should mate. They're so nice figs... :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you mate. :) Thanks for joining my nut house! :)

      Delete
  10. Great work T. Can't wait to see the army in totality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is piling Greg....getting bigger by the day. :)

      Delete
  11. Magnificent Thanos, the crew figures make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran. I think they are ideal for these vehicles. :)

      Delete
  12. It look very realistic. Espesially the soldiers gave real live to the trucks. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Top work mate, those AB figures add a real touch of class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice compliment for these figs John. They deserve it though! :)

      Delete
  14. Thanos, top notch as usual. I built that very same model and the end result looked nothing like yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because you haven't seen them near your eyes. You would think otherwise...! Thank you mate! :)

      Delete
  15. A+ Thanos!

    Superb work mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's this feeling when you paint nice models Paul, that makes me wanna keep going! :)

      Delete
  16. Cracking looking halftracks mate. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like them Thanos! Very nice addition to your ever growing army!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful as always, Thanos. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are awesome... brilliant work. The soldiers are "eye candy". Congratulation, Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great work as usual. I have this kit in the unbuilt pile, I guess I'm going to have to give it a try now! The crew models look great in it too.

    ReplyDelete