My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 6 August 2012

AB Figures BLA46 FOO & Radio operator for Artillery & Mortar Batteries


Hi guys!


It’s been a busy weekend this last one, I must tell you. On Friday afternoon, last week when coming home from work, I found in my post box a little package from Milicast Models. I’ve ordered some British soldiers from AB Figures. These are destined to be part of my artillery battery section I’m preparing these past couple of weeks (among other projects that mingle in the meantime).


In this post I will show you a pack of two figures that are named ‘’ FOO & Radio operator for Artillery & Mortar Batteries’’. From the title you get a pic of what service they are going to offer to my little 5.5’’ inch guns.




It was the first time I painted metal figures, and, I must admit that these ones from AB, were simply magnificent and if I may say, breathtaking for a modeller. The level of sculpting and the abundance of fine detail engraved on them, are making these figures look spot on! They are a bit more pricey compared to plastic ones, but, since they don’t come in big numbers, they can fill the gap in the section I  like to call ‘’Special Figures’’, such as officers, radio men, AFV and gun crews.


Below you will see the photos of the metal figures after painting and basing. 

This time I ‘’enriched’’ the bases with some Army Painters’ Swamp Tufts and Meadow Flowers. Some more expenses to my increasingly complaining bank account. But, you’ll see that it’s worth it. I think I am going to start basing my other figs in the same way.




Alas, my vanished salary howls in the dark….but to no avail!



I hope you like ‘em.

C&C are more than welcome.

Cheers,

T.

18 comments:

  1. A great looking base of figures! AB do make some excellent figures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about Ray. Some excellent figs indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful modeling, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Jay! The figs helped me...they're just perfect!

      Delete
  3. Great and great painting Thanos......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Sir are brilliant! Great paint job and the added extras on the base really do bring the whole thing to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I think you're right, these extras on the base give the whole lot some character. I am very happy that I bought them! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice paint jobs and a great looking base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was above my strength....good figures, good modelling materials...I am only the painter!

      Delete
  6. You've done a brilliant job on those T- nice shoulder patches too. Well done that man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's your 43rd that inspired me Jack. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  7. Perfect Thanos, really top notch work mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul. It's nice getting ideas from each other. :)

      Delete
  8. Very nice job, AB figs are brilliant aren't they, that was my job for the last 3 years in the army, FO signaler, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did that in real life? You must surely now the principles of camouflage Dan.
      Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete